|About Us||Volunteer||Careers at SPEC||Parent Education||Donate||Newsletters||Contact Us|
For More Information
Welcome to Connections
The Connections Leadership and Resiliency Program (LRP) is a school and community-based program for Junior and Senior High students ages 13 to 19. The program is designed to enhance youths' internal strengths, leadership skills and resiliency attributes through in-school resiliency groups, community volunteer involvement and adventure activities.
The LRP is designed to:
• Increase students’ perceptions of competence and self-worth
• Improve participant identification with positive roles
• Reduce disciplinary actions in school
• Improve participants’ communication and refusal skills
• Increase knowledge of and negative attitudes about substance abuse and violence
• Increase community involvement in promoting the healthy
development of youth and the valuing of adolescents.
|Return to Homepage|